Project A29 - Compositional and structural analysis of DNA replication origins by locus-specific chromatin isolation
- 2004 - 2008 Diploma Biochemistry. “Biochemical characterization of native chromatin domains”, Institute of Biochemistry, Genetics and Microbiology, University of Regensburg, Germany, Thesis supervisor: Prof. Dr. Joachim Griesenbeck
Advanced Academic Qualification
- 2012 PhD in Biochemistry. “Compositional and structural analysis of selected chromosomal domains from Saccharomyces cerevisiae”, Institute of Biochemistry, Genetics and Microbiology, University of Regensburg, Germany, Thesis supervisor: Prof. Dr. Joachim Griesenbeck
Postgraduate Professional Career
- since 2018 Independent Group Leader Chromosome Dynamics and Genome Stability, Institute of Epigenetics and Stem Cells, Helmholtz Zentrum Munich, Germany
- 2013 - 2018 Postdoctoral research conducted with Prof. Dr. Karlene Cimprich Department of Chemical & Systems Biology, Stanford University, USA
Honours and Awards
- 2020 - 2025 ERC Starting Grant 2019, EU Horizon2020 program
- 2017 Joan Mansour Award for Best Paper, Stanford internal Award, Fallen Leaf, USA
- 2016 Joan Mansour Award for Best Oral Presentation, Stanford internal Award, Fallen Leaf, USA
- 2013 - 2015 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship by the German Research Foundation (DFG) Germany
Crossley MP, Bocek MJ, Hamperl S, Swigut T, Cimprich KA (2020) qDRIP: a method to quantitatively assess RNA–DNA hybrid formation genome-wide Nucleic Acids Res. gkaa500.
Ummethum H, Hamperl S (2020) Proximity Labeling Techniques to Study Chromatin. Front Genet. 12;11:450. (Review)
Pich D, Mrozek-Gorska P, Bouvet M, Sugimoto A, Akidil E, Grundhoff A, Hamperl S, Ling PD, Hammerschmidt W (2019) First Days in the Life of Naive Human B Lymphocytes Infected with Epstein-Barr Virus. mBio. 10(5).
Saldivar JC, Hamperl S, Bocek MJ, Chung M, Bass TE, Cisneros-Soberanis F, Samejima K, Xie L, Paulson JR, Earnshaw WC, Cortez D, Meyer T, Cimprich KA (2018) An intrinsic S/G2 checkpoint enforced by ATR Science 361, 806-810.
Hamperl S, Bocek M, Saldivar JC, Swigut T, Cimprich, KA (2017) Transcription-Replication Conflict Orientation Modulates R-Loop Levels and Activates Distinct DNA Damage Responses. Cell 170, 774–786.