Z03: Core Facility Protein Analysis
Project A16: Quality control during chromatin assembly
- 1992 Diploma in Biology; Advisor: Prof. Dr. F. Hofstaedter
- 1987-1991 Study of Biology, University of Regensburg
Advanced Professional Degrees
- 1996 Habilitation, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich "Venia legendi" (teaching certificate) in Biochemistry
- 1995 Promotion ‚magna cum laude’, University of Regensburg Advisor: Prof. Dr. F. Hofstaedter, Institute of Pathology University of Regensburg
- since 1999 Professor for Protein Analytics at the Adolf-Butenandt-Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
- 1999-2005 Group leader, Molecular Biology Section Molecular Biology Section, Adolf-Butenandt-Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
- 1996-1999 Postdoctoral fellow with Dr. Alan Wolffe, Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, USA
Honours and Awards
- 1992-1995 Research Fellowship, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Bonn, Germany
- 1994 Short Term Fellowship, Boehringer Ingelheim Fond
- 1996-1998 Long Term Fellowship, Human Frontier Science Program, Strassbourg, France
- 2011 Member of the EpiGeneSys EU network of Excellence
- since 2006 Academic Editor, PLOSone
- since 2007 Advisory board member Molecular BioSystems
- 2008-2013 Editorial board member Epigenetics and Chromatin
- since 2015 Member of the Editorial Board of Scientific Reports
Other professional activities
- 2005-2010 Coordinator of the EU funded STREP, SMARTER
- 2011 Member of the EpiGeneSys EU Network of Excellence
- 2011 Associate Member of the Excellence Cluster CIPSM II
- 2012 Associate Member of the Excellence Cluster SYNERGY
- 2011 Member of the Graduate School ‘Quantitative Biosciences, Munich’
- 2011-2016 Member of the EpiGeneSys EU network of Excellence
- since 2013 External Faculty Member Center of Epigenetics and Metabolism University of California, Irvine
- since 2015 Board Member of the Biomedical Center Munich
- since 2016 Elected Vice speaker of the DGMS Fachgruppe: “Core Facilities”
Selected CRC project-related publications
Peleg, S., Feller, C., Forne, I., Schiller, E., Sévin, D.C., Schauer, T., Regnard, C., Straub, T., Prestel, M., Klima, C., Schmitt, Nogueira M., Becker, L., Klopstock, T., Sauer, U., Becker, PB, Imhof, A., Ladurner, AG (2016). Life span extension by targeting a link between metabolism and histone acetylation in Drosophila. EMBO Rep 17, 455–469.
Schüller, R., Forne, I., Straub, T., Schreieck, A., Texier, Y., Shah, N., Decker, T.-M., Cramer, P., Imhof, A., and Eick, D. (2016). Heptad-Specific phosphorylation of RNA Polymerase II CTD. Mol. Cell 61, 305–314.
Alabert, C., Barth, T.K., Reverón-Gómez, N., Sidoli, S., Schmidt, A., Jensen, O.N., Imhof, A., and Groth, A. (2015). Two distinct modes for propagation of histone PTMs across the cell cycle. Genes Dev. 29, 585–590.
Thomae, A.W., Schade, G.O.M., Padeken, J., Borath, M., Vetter, I., Kremmer, E., Heun, P., and Imhof, A. (2013). A Pair of Centromeric Proteins Mediates Reproductive Isolation in Drosophila Species. Dev Cell 27, 412–424.
Schubert, T., Pusch, M.C., Diermeier, S., Benes, V., Kremmer, E., Imhof, A., and Längst, G. (2012). Df31 protein and snoRNAs maintain accessible higher-order structures of chromatin. Mol. Cell 48, 434–444.