Z03: Core Facility Protein Analysis
Project A16: Quality control during chromatin assembly
- 1992 Diploma in Biology; Advisor: Prof. Dr. F. Hofstaedter
- 1987-1991 Study of Biology, University of Regensburg
Advanced Professional Degrees
- 1996 Habilitation, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich "Venia legendi" (teaching certificate) in Biochemistry
- 1995 Promotion ‚magna cum laude’, University of Regensburg Advisor: Prof. Dr. F. Hofstaedter, Institute of Pathology University of Regensburg
- since 2005 Professor for Protein Analytics at the Adolf-Butenandt-Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
- 1999-2005 Group leader, Molecular Biology Section Molecular Biology Section, Adolf-Butenandt-Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
- 1996-1999 Postdoctoral fellow with Dr. Alan Wolffe, Laboratory of Molecular Embryology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, USA
Honours and Awards
- 1992-1995 Research Fellowship, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, Bonn, Germany
- 1994 Short Term Fellowship, Boehringer Ingelheim Fond
- 1996-1998 Long Term Fellowship, Human Frontier Science Program, Strassbourg, France
- 2011-2016 Member of the EpiGeneSys EU network of Excellence
- 2018 Elected EMBO Member
- since 2006 Academic Editor, PLOSone
- 2008-2013 Editorial board member Epigenetics and Chromatin
- since 2015 Member of the Editorial Board of Scientific Reports
Other professional activities
- 2005-2010 Coordinator of the EU funded STREP, SMARTER
- 2011-2016 Member of the EpiGeneSys EU Network of Excellence
- 2011 Associate Member of the Excellence Cluster CIPSM II
- 2012 Associate Member of the Excellence Cluster SYNERGY
- 2011 Member of the Graduate School ‘Quantitative Biosciences, Munich’
- since 2013 External Faculty Member Center of Epigenetics and Metabolism University of California, Irvine
- since 2015 Board Member of the Biomedical Center Munich
- since 2016 Elected Vice speaker of the DGMS Fachgruppe: “Core Facilities”
Selected CRC project-related publications
Kochanova NY, Schauer T, Mathias GP, Lukacs A, Schmidt A, Flatley A, Schepers A, Thomae AW, Imhof A (2020) A multi-layered structure of the interphase chromocenter revealed by proximity-based biotinylation. Nucleic Acids Res 225: 912.
Alabert C, Loos C, Voelker-Albert M, Graziano S, Forne I, Reverón-Gómez N, Schuh L, Hasenauer J, Marr C, Imhof A, Groth A (2020) Domain Model Explains Propagation Dynamics and Stability of Histone H3K27 and H3K36 Methylation Landscapes. CellReports 30: 1223–1234.e1228.
Bonnet J, Lindeboom RGH, Pokrovsky D, Stricker G, Çelik MH, Rupp RAW, Gagneur J, Vermeulen M, Imhof A, Müller J (2019) Quantification of Proteins and Histone Marks in Drosophila Embryos Reveals Stoichiometric Relationships Impacting Chromatin Regulation. Dev Cell 51: 632–644.e636.
Peleg, S., Feller, C., Forne, I., Schiller, E., Sévin, D.C., Schauer, T., Regnard, C., Straub, T., Prestel, M., Klima, C., Schmitt, Nogueira M., Becker, L., Klopstock, T., Sauer, U., Becker, PB, Imhof, A., Ladurner, AG (2016). Life span extension by targeting a link between metabolism and histone acetylation in Drosophila. EMBO Rep 17, 455–469.
Völker-Albert MC, Pusch MC, Fedisch A, Schilcher P, Schmidt A, Imhof A (2016) A Quantitative Proteomic Analysis of In Vitro Assembled Chromatin. Mol Cell Proteomics 15: 945–959.