Project A35 - Functional analysis and targeted manipulation of chromatin dynamics on mammalian noncoding regions
University Training and Degree
- 1997 - 2003 Study of Biology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University and Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology, München, Dipl.biol.univ.
Advanced Academic Qualifications
- 2008 Doctorate, University of Vienna and Research Center for Molecular Medicine (CeMM), Vienna, Austria, PhD; Mentor: Prof. Dr. Denise P. Barlow
Postgraduate Professional Career
- 2014 - 2016 Independent research associate, LMU Munich and Helmholtz Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
- 2008 - 2014 Postdoctoral research associate, Wellcome Trust Centre for Stem Cell Research, University of Cambridge, UK and UCL Cancer Institute, London, UK, with Mentors: Prof. Dr. Austin Smith / Prof. Dr. Stephan Beck
- since 2021 W2 Professor of Reprogramming and Regeneration, Department of Physiological Genomics, LMU Munich Medical Faculty
Other Professional Activities
- since 2016 Member of the Graduate school for Systemic Neurosciences (GSN)
- since 2017 Member of the International Trainings Network (ITN) Nanostem
- since 2018 Member of the Helmholtz@epigenetics committee
Honours and Awards
- 2013 Kitty Cookson award
- 2009 EMBO Long-term Fellowship
- 2005 B.I.F. Böhringer Ingelheim Fonds Scholarship
Selected CRC-related publications
Breunig CT, Koferle A, Neuner AM, Wiesbeck MF, Baumann V, Stricker SH (2021) CRISPR Tools for Physiology and Cell State Changes: Potential of Transcriptional Engineering and Epigenome Editing. Physiol Rev 101: 177-211
Stricker SH, Gotz M (2021) Epigenetic regulation of neural lineage elaboration: Implications for therapeutic reprogramming. Neurobiol Dis 148: 105174
Russo GL, Sonsalla G, Natarajan P, Breunig CT, Bulli G, Merl-Pham J, Schmitt S, Giehrl-Schwab J, Giesert F, Jastroch M, Zischka H, Wurst W, Stricker SH, Hauck SM, Masserdotti G, Gotz M (2020) CRISPR-Mediated Induction of Neuron-Enriched Mitochondrial Proteins Boosts Direct Glia-to-Neuron Conversion. Cell Stem Cell (published online Nov 2020).
Valentin Baumann, Maximilian Wiesbeck, Christopher T. Breunig, Julia M. Braun, Anna Köferle, Jovica Ninkovic, Magdalena Götz, Stefan H. Stricker. Targeted removal of epigenetic barriers during transcriptional reprogramming. Nature Communications, 2019 May 9;10(1):2119. doi: 10.1038/s41467-019-10146-8.
Tjasa Lepko, Melanie Pusch, Tamara Müller, Dorothea Schulte, Janina Ehses, Michael Kiebler, Julia Hasler, Hagen B. Huttner, Roosmarijn E. Vandenbroucke, Charysse Vandendriessche, Micha Modic, Ana Martin-Villalba, Sheng Zhao, Enric LLorens-Bobadilla, Anja Schneider, Andre Fischer, Christopher T. Breunig, Stefan H. Stricker, Magdalena Götz and Jovica Ninkovic. Choroid Plexus Releases miR-204 Regulating the Number of Neural Stem Cells in the Adult Brain. EMBO J. 2019 Sep 2;38(17):e100481. doi: 10.15252/embj.2018100481. Epub 2019 Jul 15. PMID: 3130498